(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
Free Consultation

An Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyer Protects Your Rights

While we can work on many cases to help our clients, one of our biggest challenges is when a suspect signs a confession to a specific crime. It is hard to take back what a suspect has admitted in writing. However, some admissions of guilt are coerced and that is never ok.

Sometimes, a suspect may not be fully aware of their rights and in some cases, someone may admit a crime just to get the police to stop badgering them. If you have admitted a crime you did not admit, now is the time to make sure you have expert lawyers defending your rights.

If you are interrogated, you should always request an attorney first and say nothing until you have legal representation, which legally requires police to stop questioning you. If you voluntarily speak, however, police can begin questioning you. Remember ANYTHING you say or do can be used in a court of law against you. Just saying “I want a lawyer” and nothing else does not make you guilty… it just means you are protecting yourself.

Whether you are guilty or not, it is imperative to speak with an experienced Oregon criminal defense lawyer who can defend you and protect your rights. In some situations police may try to coerce a confession by isolating a suspect, roughing them up or by threats.

They can’t torture a suspect, but they can put the handcuffs on too tightly or leave someone alone for hours in an interrogation room. By hiring an experience Oregon criminal defense lawyer to stand by your side, you can ensure you are treated fairly and not coerced into confessing a crime you did not commit.

If you are facing criminal charges, you need someone fighting on your side. Do not admit to anything and contact the experienced Oregon criminal defense lawyers rat Kroll & Johnson who can fight on your behalf. Our attorneys will make sure your rights are protected and fight to get you the best possible outcome. Call today!

Fill out the form below and a member of our staff will be in touch with you regarding your case.