(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
Free Consultation

Fighting Felony Drug Possession with a Portland Drug Charges Lawyer

Some people assume that because Oregon has a liberal attitude towards marijuana, this must extend to other drugs as well. In actuality, the state treats other drugs very seriously. Depending on the type of drugs you have allegedly been found with, the amount of drugs involved, whether a minor was involved in the transaction, and certain other factors, you could be facing a felony charge. A Portland Drug Charges Lawyer can fight these felony charges and help keep a felony conviction off your record.

Penalties for a Felony Explained by a Portland Drug Charges Lawyer

Being convicted of a felony means more than simply serving potential jail time and probation. When a person is released from prison, this conviction will follow them for the rest of their lives. For instance, most job applications ask if a person has ever been convicted of a felony. While an employer cannot automatically exclude someone from consideration due to a felony conviction, it will make it extremely difficult to find employment. This conviction may also impact your right to vote, your right to sit on a jury, and your right to own a gun.

A felony drug possession charge is not something to take lightly. A Portland Drug Charges Lawyer can fight these serious charges and help get them reduced. It may be possible to attend certain diversion programs in Oregon that keep a conviction off your record entirely.

At Kroll & Johnson, we have helped many clients facing felony charges as a result of drugs. We will aggressively fight the evidence against you and work to achieve the best possible results for your particular case. If you have been arrested for drug possession, contact a Portland Drug Charges Lawyer today for a free consultation.

Been arrested on drug charges? Contact a Portland Drug Charges Lawyer

Call Kroll & Johnson today at (971) 205-3266

Fill out the form below and a member of our staff will be in touch with you regarding your case.