(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
Free Consultation

Man Charged in Brooklyn Park needs Portland Criminal Defense Attorney

A man making threats in Brooklyn Park with a gun and with an explosive device has been charged with two felonies. Police were called to the park on July 21 with reports that a man was threating people with a handgun. When police searched his bag, they allegedly found a plastic bottle containing and improvised explosive device. He has been charged with two Class C felonies: being a felon in possession of a firearm and manufacturing or possessing an explosive device. It is unclear if he currently has a Portland criminal defense attorney.


Felonies Explained by Portland Criminal Defense Attorney

Oregon takes weapons charges very seriously and punishes infractions accordingly. Because each of these charges is a Class C felony, each carries with it a potential jail term of up to five years as well fines and other penalties. Not only does a convicted felon face significant jail time, upon their release from prison, a felon may face restrictions on:

  • Employment
  • Owning a gun
  • Voting

With these restrictions, it can be very difficult for a person to get their lives back on track as they attempt to re-enter society. This is why it is important, when charged with a felony, to get a Portland criminal defense attorney immediately. The seriousness of these charges requires immediate attention.

If you have been charged with a felony or any other serious crime in Oregon, contact Portland criminal defense attorney Edward Kroll right away. As a former prosecutor, he understands how the prosecution builds a case and understands how to defend it. And with extensive trial practice, he is a Portland criminal defense attorney who knows how to connect with a jury and build reasonable doubt. This can help secure your freedom and your liberty now and preserve your freedoms going forward.

Contact a Portland Criminal Defense Attorney right now

Call Edward Kroll at 503.352.9360

Fill out the form below and a member of our staff will be in touch with you regarding your case.