(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
Free Consultation

Penalties For DUII In Oregon

If you or a loved one are facing  a DUII in Oregon, you need to speak with an experienced Portland DUII attorney to discuss your best defense. Penalties vary depending on if the offense is a first-time or subsequent conviction.

If you have already participated in the Diversion program or are otherwise not eligible, you will either have to go to trial or take a plea bargain.

If you are found guilty of a first-time DUII you will face several penalties. You will receive probation for 18 to 24 months with a mandatory 1-year license suspension.

You will likely face a minimum of 48 hours in jail or 80 hours of community service, depending on what the court mandates along with a minimum fine of $1,000, or $2,000 if your BAC was 0.15 percent or higher.

As with any conviction, you will be responsible for court fines and fees of $500, court-ordered drug and or alcohol treatment at your own esxpense as well as attending a victim impact panel.

Finally, you will be prohibited of possessing or consuming any alcohol or drugs.

If you are facing a second-time conviction, then the minimum base fine is $1,500, and your license could be suspended for 3 years.  In addition, most counties will require a minimum of 20 days in jail, with others going as high as 50 or 60 days.

If you face your 3rd DUII conviction in 10 years, then this is a felony.  The minimum fine is increased to $2,000, you will lose your license for life, and you will do a minimum of 90 days in jail, without reduction of any kind.  Keep in mind that 90 days is the minimum.  Many courts will impose up to 180 days in jail for a felony DUII conviction.

A 4th DUII conviction carries even more substantial consequences, including a minimum of 18 months in prison, with a maximum of 5 years behind bars.

If you or a loved one is facing charges related to a DUII, it is imperative to speak with an aggressive Portland DUII attorney immediately. Call today for your free, initial consultation.

Fill out the form below and a member of our staff will be in touch with you regarding your case.