(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
(971) 205-3266
Free Consultation

Restoring your Gun Rights with a Portland Criminal Defense Lawyer

When a person is convicted of a felony, they will lose several rights when they are released from prison. One of these rights is the right to own a gun. For many people, this right is extremely important and vital to their feeling of liberty. Fortunately, it is possible for some convicted felons in Oregon to get their gun rights restored with a Portland Criminal Defense Lawyer. If you are a felon and you want information on getting your gun rights back, contact us today.

Conditions for Right Restoration with a Portland Criminal Defense Lawyer

In order to be eligible for rights restoration, a felon will need to satisfy all of the following conditions:

  • Conviction cannot be for rape, murder, or any crime involving harm against another
  • Conviction cannot have carried a mandatory minimum sentence
  • Cannot be currently serving a felony conviction
  • Must not have served a felony conviction within one year of your rights restoration petition

If you can show all these things plus show that you have made fundamental changes to your personality that show you are unlikely to reoffend, your Portland Criminal Defense Lawyer can petition the court to have your gun rights restored. This is important because a conviction of a gun charge can land a person back in jail for many years. By restoring your gun rights, you can be sure to avoid this charge for simply possessing a firearm.

If you are a convicted felon and want to restore your gun rights, contact a Portland Criminal Defense Attorney at Corbridge & Kroll. Our experienced trial attorneys can explain this process to you and explain what you will need to do to prove that you are a changed person. In order to get back your important Second Amendment rights, contact us right away.

Want to restore your Oregon gun rights? Contact a Portland Criminal Defense Attorney

Call Edward Kroll today at (503) 352-9360

Fill out the form below and a member of our staff will be in touch with you regarding your case.